Complete List of Argumentative Essay Topics
July 17, 2017>
One can find almost everything on the Internet. The only problem is that useful information is usually presented in parts on different webpages, and in order to have a complete picture you need to surf the web for hours gathering the data by pieces from the different resources. This is why we decided to spare your time and introduce the collection of the best argumentative essay topics. Now, you can just check this article from time to time and choose the theme that will suit you best. Even if none of them will interest you, you will definitely get more useful information and inspiration for your future work.
From the personal experience, we all can agree that good ideas for argumentative essays are easy to find when you do not actually need them. For example, it can be that a few days ago you were so inspired by your neighbors’ garden that were absolutely ready to write a whole dissertation on nature protection, but now, as you need to work on some particular assignment, you face a blank page having no clue what to write about. Therefore, let us do our best to get out of this deadlock together and check the interesting ideas to write an argumentative essay on. In this article, we tried our best to put together some of the most interesting and catching themes for your convenience.
Top Argumentative Essay Topics
Unfortunately, when it comes to writing papers on different assignments, there is no perfect list of all the tips and options. It is a rare occasion when one just opens an article on the Internet and writes a successful paper according to the pieces of advice stated there. In most cases, it is always better to create a unique strategy and develop the project according to it. Developing the strategy is not as difficult as it seems at the first sight. It is necessary to concentrate, to have an adequate look on your skills, check the information you already know and check if you are able to access additional materials and sources if needed. When all these steps are completed, you are ready to proceed to the main part of your project, and our article will surely be of good help.
Firstly, let us point out the purpose that stands behind argumentative essay papers. It can be rather simply understood just from the name of this very assignment. The main purpose is to evoke the discussion and persuade the future reader that your position is undoubtedly correct and that your arguments are invincible. Even if the ideas for your future project seem to be contradictory, do not be afraid to give them a chance and try some superficial research. Sometimes, vague ideas can provide a lot of room for research, as they were most probably not taken into account earlier by the other researchers.
If you have decided that your paper should have an outstanding theme, you will inevitably face the process of looking for the argumentative essay topic ideas, which is very likely to be extremely time-consuming. Unfortunately, you will have to go through the subjects you have no interest in, and might, at some point, feel as the perfect theme does not exist. Nevertheless, the process will definitely help you gather your thoughts, and you will eventually find something worthy of writing on.
High School Argumentative Essay Topics
Position essays are very common in high school. The time when we all are full of extraordinary ideas is surely the school time. In this age, everyone wants to change the world and even knows how to do it. This is why the argumentative essay topics for kids and pupils are always thought-provoking and extremely intriguing. The most popular subjects for this academic level are sports, media, modern technologies, arts, and education. Moreover, as usual, the main criteria while choosing the topic is one’s personal attitude, because if you do not like the theme, your audience is likely not to either. The sufficient level of knowledge is also paramount since without an adequate experience your arguments will seem vague and uncertain. Therefore, here are some popular argumentative essay topics for pupils and kids:
- Do the social networks have a negative influence on our relations with friends and family?
- What personal experiences are not discussed with parents and why?
- Can a video games addiction become a profession?
- Do you believe in friendship between men and women?
- How did the role of marriage change within the last 20 years? What are the reasons for this change?
- Do we need a practice of teachers being graded by pupils?
- How should the bullying in school issue be resolved?
When the work on your paper is already in process, keep in mind that you should be ready for the future discussion. There will be people in the audience who would disagree with your arguments, and it will most probably lead to debate. Therefore, you should be ready to not only present your position but also support and defend it with the help of the solid facts.
Argumentative Essay Topics for College Students
Position papers are the most frequent college assignments in comparison to the other ones. Every time one needs to complete such tasks, the most important step is to choose a controversial topic as it should provoke the debate within your future audience and make them dispute it. Do not be afraid to choose the field, which has not been presented by your groupmates before. Usually, fresh themes are the most interesting ones to discuss, though, for some reason, pupils hesitate and prefer the already tested materials. Therefore, let us have a look at the college level argumentative essay topics:
- Have social networks ever made you feel frustrated? Why?
- The importance of the education level for getting married.
- When should one start living separately from parents?
- Should the alternative medicine be covered by insurance?
- Why are young people so obsessed with media?
- What writer would you like to have a conversation with?
- Does humanity need an eternal life?
Searching for the argumentative essay ideas for college do not forget that the chosen theme should appeal to you in the first place. Do your best not to copy the statements you find in the Internet but get a feel of a particular issue and try to understand what your own position regarding it is. Do not be confused in case your attitude is not the “popular” one at the moment because maybe, it is you who will introduce the new idea and change the way the certain issue is perceived.
University Argumentative Essay Topics
The level of responsibility regarding the choice of the qualitative topic rises while working on the project at the university. Here, it is utterly important to choose a serious and weighty topic, which will require a lot of research and investigation. Moreover, now you will need to find academic argumentative essay topics in order to prove your academic level and present all the acquired skills. Therefore, let us have a look at the examples of such themes:
- In what cases should the death penalty be implemented?
- By what means can the alcohol and drugs addictions be reduced?
- Will the legalization of drugs really decrease drugs addiction?
- Why are animal products considered food for people?
- What are the limits of Internet freedom?
- Should the abortion be a personal decision?
- Does the notion of privacy exist in the modern society?
One of the tips on how to get the attention of your audience is to choose an emotional topic. In most cases, the theme, which involves emotional experience, is more appreciated by the audience in comparison to the dry facts. The importance of the relative facts cannot be overrated, but when they do not evoke emotions in your audience, your success rate drops tremendously.
Business Argumentative Essay Topics
Finally, here is one of those spheres which requires the most attentive and careful approach. This is where it is important to work really hard because your prestige and sometimes position can depend on the projects you complete. This is why before starting your work, it is a must to check whether it is possible to gather all the necessary data and finish the assignment within the deadline. Here is the list of good topics for an argumentative essay on business that may inspire you for your own brilliant idea:
- Should the employees write resumes if personal interviews have the crucial meaning?
- Is contributing to charity one of the ways to make the small business successful?
- In what time are we going to be completely conquered by Chinese market?
- Is it possible to have a successful business without social media marketing?
- Should the common marketing be forgotten in favor of social media marketing?
- Should we stop using cash due to the approaching ecological catastrophe?
- What are the reasons behind the “Apple rush?”
Working hard on your position paper will benefit you later, as the acquired skills will definitely be required in the future career. Successful business and partnership flourish when you are familiar with the art of getting the right arguments. Therefore, the development of your argumentative thinking will not only award you with a high grade for your paper but also help you to succeed in the real world while working on the resolution of the real issues.
How to Write Argumentative Essay Topics?
In case all the options stated above do not suit your interests completely, or you already have the idea that you would like to turn into a flawless project, little tips for writing an argumentative essay undoubtedly will make the creation process much easier:
- All the possible arguments regarding abortion or death penalty were most probably already used, so while working on these subjects, make sure to state your own, fresh arguments.
- Surely, it is always preferable to look for something extraordinary and “mainstream,” however, you definitely need to be proficient in the chosen sphere. In another case, it would be better to choose something simple within your specialty and complement it with original and unique ideas. Therefore, after finding some good topics to write an argumentative essay on, be sure to sort them out to determine which ones you can discuss confidently.
- Make sure not to use the statement that all your audience will most probably agree on. It is an easy but not a successful path. The purpose of this paper in to make the audience argue your statements. The more disputes your work awakes, the higher is its quality.
- Do not be afraid to choose short argumentative essay topics. They always catch an eye of the reader and are easy to expand as well as dwell on later.
- While working on any assignments, do not forget to take into account your future audience and their interests. Different argumentative essay topics will not be accepted in the same way by different groups of people.
Try to face your assignment as an interesting journey rather than an unbearable burden. In most cases, it is your attitude that decides the destiny of your work. Just try imagining yourself as the famous writer or influential journalist, and your inspiration will do most of the work for you. You will not even notice how the hours of research pass, as you will be too absorbed with the new interesting facts that you find in the process.
Help with Topic Ideas for an Argumentative Essay
The success of the future project mostly depends on the chosen theme. If the choice was good, the result is also likely to satisfy your expectations. In case one chooses the topic, which is rather weak and not persuasive enough, the successful fate of the whole work will be in danger.
The work on every project definitely requires a lot of knowledge and skills. In addition, argumentative essay writing topics should always be thoroughly researched and double-checked. It is surprising how even the most nicely completed paper can be ruined by the wrong topic.
If you are not sure what you should start with, and your deadline is flying away, do not panic and let the experienced writers assist you with the task. Our team of professional writers is always ready to help you with this troublesome investigation and complete your assignment according to the various requirements. Since we are reachable 24/7, even if you are facing a pressing deadline or challenging task, we will be glad to provide the necessary assistance and cover your back.
Category: Essay paper writing