Mrs. Levy is a 68-year-old woman who complains of fatigue, no energy, and no initiative. She says she just wants to sleep all day. On examination, you notice thin, dry, and brittle hair, dull affect, slow responses, and a large soft goiter. She has no DTRs. Her TSH is elevated. She is diagnosed as having hypothyroidism. She has a history of mild CHF. What will you prescribe for her? What dosage and timing? When will you see her back for a follow-up?
Each case study presentation will include:
1. Pathophysiology of the disease or physiology of the organism that the drug(s) are addressing.
2. What drugs are commonly used to treat which pathophysiological states?
3. What is/are the drug(s) of choice and why?
4. What organ systems/tissues are being targeted?
5. What are the reasons second and third-line drugs may be used?
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published / Required fields are marked *
Calculate your price