June 4, 2018
Working on a cause and effect essay is actually can be considered the best task you can receive because the structure of the written work of such kind is rather logical and simple. So you can create it rather quickly. This type of task is common for the introductory courses at the college and high school, but such written works are as well widely used by various authors in news reporting and blogs.
As it’s clear from the very name, the essay concerns with some problem, in which the writer deals with the cause and consequences of it. Topics for cause and effect essay may be variable, however, the paper presupposes that the author should do a lot of analyses and find the root of the issue under review, the reasons for it and the resultant effects. In other words, it demonstrates how one factor leads to another one. The causes and effects can be multiple and variable, it often depends on the theme and the angle it is viewed from.
Nevertheless, in the majority of assignments of such type, the students often have to deal only with causes or only with effects, but not both aspects at a time. So during the creation of the written work they need to concentrate on either reasons or consequences going through lots of material and data to highpoint the main arguments.
The types of reasons and effects may be different. The main of them are the following:
- Primary –the most significant inevitable factors.
- Immediate – the factors in direct relation to the cause and consequence.
- Contributory – less essential influences.
- Remote – the factors, not very typical or quite obvious.
Without any doubt, you know already that there are numerous variations of the essay structure.
Proper configuration of the research paper is the key point of a successful work. Choose one of the suggested essay structures, outline it accurately and work on your paper, section by section starting from the introduction, through the main body, and to the conclusion, avoiding mistakes.
There are 3 main patterns for the written assignment on causes and effects. It depends on the type of relations between the reasons and the consequences. The schemes are as follows: numerous causes, one effect, one cause, manifold effects and the domino pattern.
The first configuration deals with the situation when a single outcome is a result of a number of reasons.
The essay then contains 5 paragraphs: an introductory paragraph, 3 passages, describing one of the causes each, and the conclusion.
The second pattern should be chosen for the cases when one cause results in different effects.
The paper consists of 5 paragraphs as well: an introductory part, 3 paragraphs, each on one effect, which the cause has led to and a conclusion.
Domino pattern should be selected in the cases when the problem under review has resulted from a situation, which was the result of some other situation, which in its turn also resulted from some incident earlier. Such essays contain 7 paragraphs: an introductory one, 5 body sections describing a causal chain and the conclusion you’ve come to.
Remember that you should not only choose the proper topic but follow the correct structure of the paper to produce a high grading cause and effect work.
Taking into consideration all the above, we’d like to consider how to deal with the cause and effect topics for the essay.
When choosing a topic to deal with, you should make sure it is in clear connection with the ins and outs of the problem under review. Keep in mind the first rule of thumb – the author should write on the theme he is familiar with. It means you must already have some information on the topic and not likely to go out of it. Besides, it’s vital to make your piece of writing interesting, though it may be extremely challenging because most of the information is factual and too many facts are boring for readers.
When selecting among the variable cause and effect essay ideas start by glancing over different trends, matters, and events, which have a reason and a consequence. Here are some sample topics for you to gain an idea or at least inspiration for your written work.
Easy cause and effect essay topics on social concerns
Many changes have taken place in social life nowadays. Social issues concern almost every aspect of the social order, and therefore, in case you’ve been assigned an essay in this field, you are in fact given the chance to select from countless topics involving social aspects.
- Why do children rebel against their parents or guardians?
- How does education at college influence social collaboration in the long run?
- What are the effects and reasons for homelessness in impoverished states?
- How do religions influence the youngsters lives?
- What are the causes and consequences of miscommunication on social media networks?
- How do religious organizations cause poverty and affect unfortunate people?
- What is the impact of racism on the social order?
- What are the causes of high crime rates?
- How multiculturalism influences the modern society?
- What are the chief poverty reasons in your home country?
- What are the major reasons of civil riots?
- How do same-sex marriages influence society?
- How does the difference in socio-economic status in childhood lead to difficulties in future?
- How does commerce solve or aggravate social issues?
- What are the main grounds of religious oppression practiced in certain cultures still?
Cause and effect essay topics list in the technology field
The sphere of technology offers a great variety of ideas. However, the choice of your own topic will be determined by your personal interests and what you think you can present of significance. There are various aspects people fail to understand in technology and that makes this field advantageous for those, who are eager to present insights on a certain issue from multiple perspectives. Technology has a lot of aspects people want to know more about. Your essay at this point can be extremely helpful in comprehending the basic aspects of technology by your audience. You can help people realize why something has occurred and understand important details related to the reasons for and effects of the problem under review. Selecting a suitable topic to reveal in your work will be easier than you think, you may just choose to deal with the aspects you are familiar already, but still want to learn more about from an academic viewpoint. Let’s review some top of cause and effect essay topics in this field.
- How cellphone influences people’s communication?
- What are the main causes of the tablet over PC use for web surfing?
- Online shopping, what are the effects?
- How modern smartphone usage influences business development?
- How social media effects relationship in the modern world?
- Tablet influence on young children, what is it?
- What is the effect of mobile devices usage on school learning?
- What makes Google the leading search engine?
- What are the consequences of the increased connectivity on society?
- Do science and technology weaken people?
- Are IT sectors really dominant in the world economy?
- Are modern teenagers too dependent on technology?
- Video games – what is the effect on a young generation?
- What are the threats of technological innovations nowadays?
- What is the negative influence of instant messaging at a job?
Great cause and effect essay topics on education
Education is an extremely vast area, that’s why it’s important to avoid too abstract topics when doing analytic works or too simple themes. Whatever the topic you are going to choose, you’d better devote your essay to some potential alternatives and perspectives of education. Cause essays in this field often envisage some reasons or motive for achieving a certain result and lead to school and learners’ success, effect research papers trace the consequences of a certain cause, event or situation in the process of education. The essay topics in this field may touch upon the following issues:
- What are the major causes of the most wide-spread challenges faced by high school teachers?
- How large amounts of homework influence the academic performance of the learners?
- Which IT innovations cause students success in tests?
- Why are US students poorly competing in the contemporary knowledge economy?
- Girls’ and boys’ schools what are the pros and cons?
- Unified school clothes, what are the advantages?
- Student obesity and learning –what is the link?
- What are the consequences of being labeled “a top student”?
- Economic roots of educational policy what are they?
- Why are the reasons that many children are apathetic at school?
- What are the roots of the US undergraduates’ low results in the global labor market?
- What is the effect of standardized testing in high school?
- How does homeschooling influence a younger generation social awareness?
- How high parent involvement influences school activities?
- What are the key burn out reasons for students?
History related essays topics for high school students
If you’ve got a written assignment on history in the form of a cause and effect essay, that means you have to explain what gave a rise to some issue and the outcome of it. Even if you find you’ve got one of the simple cause and effect essay topics, you should keep in mind that you can’t cut corners when carrying out an adequate research. In addition to online sources, study the factual materials in the libraries. Make sure you’ve gathered trustworthy information and provided correct dates, facts, and statistics, portraying a true story, cross-check your work for accuracy.
- What were the main reasons of the Soviet Union collapse? What are the consequences?
- What are the causes and effects of the Pearl Harbor attack?
- What are the consequences of the Hitler-Stalin pact?
- Racial discrimination and prejudice as the present-day effects of slavery though abolished long ago.
- The Chicano Movement and its influence on the increasing interest in feminism later on.
- How did Northern Ireland achieve peace and stability? What were the economic outcomes?
- What are the present days negative and positive effects of the Holocaust?
- What is the critical effect of the British colonization?
- What is the link between the French revolution and the country’s political success?
- Colombian drug wars, what are the economic and social aspects?
- Why did the excessive immigration to the US in the ХХ century create multiple economic problems?
- What is the relation between Christianity and the Roman Empire?
- What were the roots of the 1st Industrial Revolution?
- What initiated the Arab Spring?
- How does the historical background influence the state’s present-day political and economic status?
Best cause and effect essay topics on ecology and environmental concerns
The problems of the environment are really burning nowadays and a lot of educators try to ignite a fire for learning about the world around among their pupils. Critical thinking about the Earth and environmental concerns are best revealed in cause and effect essays. Such research papers allow making the analyses of how numerous ecological outcomes result from a single cause and how multiple reasons can lead to a particular effect on the world around. The environmental field is rich in different aspects and consequently interesting cause and effect essay topics. You can review the causes of the climate change as well as the consequences of it, speculate on the effects of poor sanitation and inadequate waste management, research the increasing garbage problem and write about chemical pollution and the damage of natural resources.
- How does water vapor lead to a greenhouse effect?
- What can the uncontrolled spread of pests result in terms of food shortage?
- How does an increased sea temperature influence certain marine species?
- How do the melting glaciers of Antarctica cause floods?
- Does the population density grows in certain areas due to the lessening of the territories appropriate for human habitation?
- Do coal-fired power stations contribute to the greenhouse effect?
- How does the shifting of flora and fauna influence animal species and plants?
- How low water quality influences the life in poor states?
- What is the result of commercial fishing in the context of marine biodiversity?
- How do subways influence pollution in large metropolitan cities?
- What are the causes and effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill?
- What are the consequences of present-day noise pollution?
- What are the animal hunting results for the ecosystem?
- What are the causes and consequences of radiology chemicals contamination in China?
- What are the results of soil contamination?
Good cause and effect essay topics on health and medical issues
Medical issues are the ones, which are actual for almost everyone. Chronic conditions or temporary problems provide lots of essay themes for the students to analyze medical matters from different points of view.
Nowadays medical treatment methods become more and more up-to-date and the information is at the same time more available to individuals. That’s why the modern public has greater awareness about what causes health problems and how those disorders can be improved or eliminated. To improve wellness one needs to understand what the roots of the problem are and how to avoid it. The following research cause and effect essay topics may encourage you to gain a better understanding and appreciation of certain medical issues.
- What is the cause of the dramatic rise in the number of obese people in the USA in the last decade?
- What is the effect of obesity rise on the American system of healthcare?
- Why do not individuals turn for medical help when health problems set in?
- What are the reasons for HIV/AIDS spread in Africa?
- How climate changes affect infectious diseases?
- What is the stress impact on people’s health?
- What makes cancer so problematic to cure?
- Why do people seek for a non-traditional medical treatment?
- How do abortions influence the further reproductive health of women?
- Why do people go blind?
- Why are allergies so widespread in modern times?
- How does the increased technology influence the health condition of the world population nowadays?
- How does malnutrition influence modern people?
- What are the main psychological benefits of exercising?
- What psychosomatic benefits do placebo medications bring to the body?
Controversial cause and effect essay topics on economics
Do you find studying economics fun? Some students may definitely find it challenging, however, the essay topics on the economy may once change your mentality. This field always provides additional space for ideas and creativity, because you can either jump to the past and analyze certain causes and effects of the global economic phenomenon in your retrospective writing or set your eye into the future and try to predict certain effects of the present day policies in the field. Any economical phenomenon has, as a rule, significant consequences and the analysis of the past events helps to reveal the mistakes done and avoid them in future.
- What are the real effects of the 2008 Global Economic Crisis?
- Which consequences of the Second Industrial Revolution are most important?
- What benefits does Britain enjoy from the Agrarian Revolution?
- What are the major consequences of European Union growth?
- What are the motives for the governmental partnering with the private sector?
- How do baby boomers going into retirement influence the economy?
- What are the relations of the population growth and the global economy?
- How can devaluation cause inflation?
- What can increase the economic growth in the long run?
- Why is the inflation in the UK low?
- What are the effects of stock market fall?
- Can economic aid increase the state’s welfare?
- Can taxation cuts help the American economy?
- What were the reasons for the Wall Street Crash in 1929?
- How do Chinese interest rates link to its economic growth?
Cause and effect essay topics for college students on sports
Of course, sport is one of the most popular essay topics among the students, as plenty of them love sports. No matter if you are an athlete yourself or prefer to be a spectator, you can involve your interest in your academic work and it may be particularly helpful in developing your critical thinking. Challenge yourself with some topic and tease out why certain things happen the way they do.
- How does working out help human bodies produce hormones beneficial to the health and immune system?
- Why do children are regularly involved in team activities, mainly sports, develop better communication skills and higher self-confidence?
- What is the effect of working out on memory, productivity, and brainpower?
- Why do children playing sports have stronger peer relationships?
- What are the relations of regular exercising and stress level?
- What are the consequences of drug use in relation to the professional sports
- What is the influence of a team leader on the team?
- How can sports influence addiction to video games?
- What is the effect of drinking much water?
- What is the link of modern technology to modern sports?
- What is the social effect of sport on young children?
- How sport influences grades at school?
- Why is it a bad idea to combine junk food with playing sports?
- Do people who lack sports activity tend to age early?
- What are the historical aspects which have led to rugby being popular in the USA?
Don’t forget that studying is not always a serious matter and there are also fun cause and effect essay topics you can refer to. They are like this:
- What is the effect of making home pet popular on the web?
- How do they make the balloons fly in the circus?
- What can fun episodes cause pet training failures?
- How a wrong photo uploaded to personal Instagram account can influence your life?
- How to benefit from an improved Internet connection (2G vs 4G)?
- Can many friends on Facebook guarantee being famous?
- How to become a successful entrepreneur by selling funny stuff?
- What is the correlation between man’s earnings and dating?
- What are the relations between science and flirting?
- How is it to shop with a jock?
Think again and again and choose to write cause and effect essay topics you will be able to reveal. Keep in mind that after the problem investigation you should provide some concept in your paper how to make things go more smoothly and effectively. Provide the paper you create with proper evidence. Devote your time to searching for evidentiary support. It may go in the form of statistics, quotes from field professionals or experts. Do not forget to include some background to the topic for your audience as well, in such a way, you’ll show them that the points you are making are relevant and important to them either or ask our essay writing service to do it for you.